Support your immune system with this raw carrot cake slice. Containing our Wellgrove immune support capsules, this tasty treat not only tastes delicious but supports your overall health and wellbeing.
Vegan and Gluten Free
1 packed cup grated carrot
1 cup dates, soaked in hot water for 5-10mins then drained
1 ½ cups walnuts, raw, whole
½ cup desiccated coconut
2 heaped tbsp almond flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
Pinch sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Wellgrove Immune Support Olive Leaf Extract Liquid OR 4 Wellgrove Immune Support Olive Leaf Extract capsules, break open
Coconut Cashew frosting (optional):
¾ cup coconut yogurt
¾ cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla extract to a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
- Add the dates, carrot and Wellgrove Olive Leaf Extract and pulse again until it looks like a crumbly dough.
- Add in coconut and almond flour and quickly pulse until just mixed through. Be careful not to over pulse (the mixture will feel sticky and look crumbly in texture).
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with baking paper.
- Spoon the carrot cake mixture into the pan and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer to set whilst making the frosting.
- Once frosting is on, freeze for 4 hours until set.
- Cut into bite sized squares with a sharp knife.
- Best kept in the freezer, and taken out 30 mins before enjoying, or refrigerate until ready to eat.
For the frosting:
- Add cashews to a food processor or blender. Blitz until broken up and crumbly.
- Add the coconut yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract and blend until smooth and creamy (this may take a few minutes).
- Spoon onto the carrot cake and spread out evenly.
Always read the label and follow the direction for use. *Traditionally used in Western Herbal Medicine to help support immune system health.