Embrace your inner chef with this heart healthy salad. Containing the Wellgrove Heart Health Olive Leaf Extract, this Mediterranean roast veggie salad is not only delicious lunchtime meal but it also helps to support healthy cholesterol levels.
1 cup quinoa
1 zucchini, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
1 small eggplant, diced
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp ground cumin
Pinch sea salt
Handful rocket or spinach
¼ cup fresh herbs - parsley or basil
⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
⅓ cup red grapes, halved
¼ cup sliced almonds
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 capsules Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength Olive Leaf Extract
2 teaspoons honey
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Dice zucchini, capsicum and eggplant and place into a large baking tray.
- Season with sea salt and cumin, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toss to combine.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Meanwhile, add quinoa to a small saucepan with 2 cups water.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl or mixing jug. Break open the Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength Olive Leaf Extract capsules and add into dressing. Whisk to combine.
- Once vegetables and quinoa are ready, place in a large salad bowl with all other ingredients. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm or cold.
Always read the label and follow the directions for use.*Wellgrove Heart Health Extra Strength contains 47% more total oleuropein per dose than Wellgrove Immune Support.