As you likely have heard – Wellgrove’s Keto Super Powder (KSP) is now available! The question then arises – what is ‘Keto’ and why should you try it?
The Ketogenic (Keto) Diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that can promote fat loss and even improve certain conditions such as type 2 diabetes and cognitive decline [1,2]. It was originally used in the 1920s as a treatment for epilepsy, and was widely used until epileptic agents were introduced .
How does it work?
When the amount of carbohydrates eaten is lowered to a certain level, insulin secretion is significantly reduced and the body enters a metabolic state called ketosis, where small fuel molecules called ‘ketones’ are produced as an alternative fuel source from the fat from your body, which is then burned for energy .
What are the benefits?
The Keto diet is known to provide benefits such as :
- Promoting ketosis
- Fibre / gut friendly prebiotics
- The ability to stay fuller for longer
- Sustained energy
- Brain and body fuel to help with focus
Why Wellgrove Keto Powder?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the most powerful superfoods as well as a source of antioxidants and healthy monounsaturated fats. We have developed a unique process to turn our premium quality Cold Pressed Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a convenient powder. This Super Powder is an Australian owned, 100% plant based, zero carb energy source that provides sustained energy for the body and brain.
Our Keto Super Powder (KSP) is a staple of the Keto diet as we use healthier monounsaturated fat sources (olive antioxidants), rather than MCT and coconut oils generally found in other keto products. The KSP also provides a prebiotic fibre source, which is so important as keto diets typically have low fibre content!
When should you use this?
KSP can be used before or after exercise, in your morning coffee or afternoon snack, or at any time to fuel your body and brain. You can add it to your coffee, smoothies, shakes or food up to four times daily!
Do you have to be on the Keto diet to consume this product?
No! It’s also great for anyone looking for an incredible prebiotic source to improve general gut health.
Please remember to consult with health care professionals before engaging in any diet to ensure you are making the right choices for your body. Prioritise feeling great every step of the way!
- Ota M, Matsuo J, Ishida I, Hattori K, Teraishi T, Tonouchi H, Ashida K, Takahashi T, Kunugi H. Effect of a ketogenic meal on cognitive function in elderly adults: potential for cognitive enhancement. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016 Oct;233(21-22):3797-3802. doi: 10.1007/s00213-016-4414-7. Epub 2016 Aug 27. PMID: 27568199.
- Hussain TA, Mathew TC, Dashti AA, Asfar S, Al-Zaid N, Dashti HM. Effect of low-calorie versus low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet in type 2 diabetes. Nutrition. 2012 Oct;28(10):1016-21. doi: 10.1016/j.nut.2012.01.016. Epub 2012 Jun 5. PMID: 22673594.
- Masood W, Annamaraju P, Uppaluri K. Ketogenic Diet. Treasure Island: StatPearls Publishing; 2021.
- Mohorko N, Černelič-Bizjak M, Poklar-Vatovec T, Grom G, Kenig S, Petelin A, Jenko-Pražnikar Z. Weight loss, improved physical performance, cognitive function, eating behavior, and metabolic profile in a 12-week ketogenic diet in obese adults. Nutr Res. 2019 Feb;62:64-77.